Animal Inspection and Control
Animal Control Officer:
FOR COMPLAINTS OR TO REPORT AN ISSUE (Includes Dog Control):
- FCSO Regional Animal Control or ACO Kyle Dragon
10 Sandy Lane,
Turners Falls, Ma 01376
The Animal Control Officer (ACO) is appointed by the Select Board on an annual basis and authorized to enforce MGLChapter 140 Section 136A to 174E. The ACO works with the Animal Inspector, Board of Health, Town Clerk, Select Board, Law Enforcement officials, Local Animal Shelter(s), veterinarians, and other applicable resources in the town-wide efforts to:
- protect public health
- protect public safety
- enforce state and local animal control laws
- promote the protection of pets and people by compassionately using the tools of education and enforcement, and
- collaborate and cooperate with various related animal control (includes Dogs) and law enforcement resources.
The ACO is authorized to give warnings and tickets when violations occur and to educate violators to prevent or reduce the possibility of further violations. Attendance in court by ACO's is expected. The ACO must act with professionalism and respect for animals and people.
Assures compliance with MGL Chapter 140 Section 136A-174E inclusive and reports to Select Board. as appropriate.
Serves as liaison to county kennel ad regional animal control support.
Plans, researches, recommends and implements animal control policies and procedures as directed by the Select Board.
Maintains familiarity with applicable state laws and requirements; informs the Select Board as changes occur.
Animal Inspector :
Phone : 413-339-4304 (leave a message)
- Serves Rabies Quarantine on Notice from Vet or Hospital
- Rabies Response
- Farm Animal Inspections